Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Cimballi <ci...@cimballi.net> on 2009/05/06 23:47:11 UTC

Question about Email informations modelling in ContactMech

Hi,

I was wondering was you didn't model the Email informations like Phone
informations in ContactMech.
Why is there no entity that model an Email, like the TelecomNumber entity ?

My problem is, if I want to add another field to an Email informations, the
possibilities are :
- extending the ContactMech class, but it's not optimum because this class
is used for a lot of other informations than Email
- add a ContactMechAttribute related to the ContactMech entity representing
the Email informations, but this imply more work to maintain the relation

It would have been a lot easier to have an ElectronicAddress entity, no ?

Cimballi