Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/02 16:38:56 UTC

Struture of form definitions

Hello I posted this to the user list but its perhaps better posted
here as I guess only you guys will know.

I'm a little confused about which is the correct structure of form
definition. I see that there's no DTD so I guess you're waiting to see
how things pan-out. But having some idea about the intended direction
would be useful before starting to write some XSL that assume a given
struture.

<fd:field id="foo" required="true">
 <fd:datatype base="string" />
 <fd:validation>
  <fd:bar>
    <fd:failmessage>Thats a bad foo</fd:failmessage>
  </fd:bar>
</fd:validation>
</fd:field>

One of the samples is structured as follows.

   <fd:field id="email" required="true">
     <fd:datatype base="string">
       <fd:validation>
         <fd:email/>
       </fd:validation>
     </fd:datatype>
     <fd:failmessage>Enter an <b>email</b> address:</fd:failmessage>
   </fd:field>

Mark