Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by zze-MORY Nicolas FTRD/DMI/REN <n....@rd.francetelecom.com> on 2003/04/02 09:42:12 UTC

Cocoon 2.1 cache

How can i turn off the cache under Cocoon 2.1 ? because :

<event-pipeline

class="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.NonCachingEventPipeline"/>

<stream-pipeline

class="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.NonCachingStreamPipeline"/>

doesn't exist under Cocoon 2.1

Thanks

Re: Cocoon 2.1 cache

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 09:42, zze-MORY Nicolas FTRD/DMI/REN wrote:
> How can i turn off the cache under Cocoon 2.1 ? because :
>

> <event-pipeline
>
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.NonCachingEventPipeline"/>
>
> <stream-pipeline
>
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.NonCachingStreamPipeline"/>
>
> doesn't exist under Cocoon 2.1

You can now configure this in the sitemap itself. Inside
<map:components> you should find the following (or if it's not there,
add it):

   <map:pipes default="caching">
     <map:pipe name="caching"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.CachingProcessingPipeline"/>
     <map:pipe name="caching-point"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.CachingPointProcessingPipeline">
       <autoCachingPoint>On</autoCachingPoint>
     </map:pipe>
     <map:pipe name="noncaching"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.NonCachingProcessingPipeline"/>

     <!-- The following two can be used for profiling:-->
     <map:pipe name="profile-caching"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.ProfilingCachingProcessingPipeline"/>
     <map:pipe name="profile-noncaching"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.ProfilingNonCachingProcessingPipeline"/>
</map:pipes>

change the default attribute from "caching" to "noncaching".
Alternatively, you can configure this on a per-pipeline level by adding
an attribute named "type" to the map:pipeline element, e.g.

<map:pipeline type="noncaching">

Re: Cocoon 2.1 cache

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
No, caching pipelines only caches "cacheable" content.  This is determined
by Cocoon based on the information the Generator provides.  The file
generator is cacheable by default based on the last-modified time of the
file.  But the ServerPagesGenerator that handles all xsp's is non-Caching
unless you provide the needed implementation I described below.

Geoff

Re: Cocoon 2.1 cache

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.