Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/12 01:58:27 UTC

Bring Apache Directory Studio on the first page

Hi guys,

I was just thinking that if we bring a snapshot of Studio on the first
page of our site, it will just channel more users on this great tool,
and possibly more users to the server later.

wdyt ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Bring Apache Directory Studio on the first page

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hey Emmanuel,

Yeah - the combination of ADS and LS is so sweet that a visual on the directory home page would be really cool.

The type of logo used here:
http://www.redhat.com/developers/rhds/index.html

might work well.  It would be great if the top project links were substituted with image links.  I would also put ADS 1.5 and Studio right next to each other, front and center on the banner, followed by triplesec.  I would remove the text that says "Apache Directory" and "ApacheDS 1.0") since these are somewhat redundant, as they are available in the "Latest download" section anyways.

Cheers,
- Ole

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
OpenRico has a pretty nice animated accordion that could be used (So does dojo and a few others, but I think the rico one is the quickest to grasp and maintain).  I'm using something similar here (http://mydemandchain.com).  I can help push if we decide to use something like that..

Cheers,
- Ole

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.