Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk> on 2007/03/13 12:17:20 UTC

Re: "Component returned which is not the same manager" ?

I fixed this last week, and is now released in plexus-containers 1.0-
alpha-19.
This fix is present in maven-2.1-SNAPSHOT also.

Andy

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.
Hmm, yes there is a good chance I could fix it on the branch, I will
get that sorted.

Andy

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Some of these repressed memories are flooding back... It definitely has
something to do with the preprocessing maven does in a reactor. Here's
why I think that:
I have a build with several high level parents containing many children
like this:

Root
/services
/appliations
/ui
/data
/assemblies

I was able to reproduce the problem fairly readily from the parent and
it would occur first in /data/childx. The logical thing to do was start
removing things from other folders like /services. As soon as I did
that, it stopped happening. This is even though nothing in /services had
compiled prior to the error in /data (I seem to recall that I modified
the jar to throw an exception instead of a warning so I could detect
exactly when it occurred)

This problem seems to be some how related to processing of files because
when it does throw warnings, it seems to scale based on the number of
files in a project, be it things packaged into wars or files packed or
unpacked into zips via assembly.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Hrm, that's a bummer. Thanks for looking into it. Is there any
possibility of patching a version that can run on 2.0.x? I'd be willing
to take something and use it internally if needed, if a patch is
possible.

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.