Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Clayton Hicklin <ch...@mutiger.homeip.net> on 2007/02/11 07:13:18 UTC

web app and gbean in the same file

Is there any way I can package a webapp ("WAR") and a gbean in the same
jar file and deploy both simultaneously?  This would really help in
terms of development as I could just create one Eclipse project with
everything I need in it.  Can I just add the appropriate geronimo
deployment descriptors to the jar (geronimo-web.xml,
geronimo-service.xml) and geronimo will "rip it apart" correctly?
Thanks in advance!!

Clayton

Re: web app and gbean in the same file

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Feb 11, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Clayton Hicklin wrote:

> Okay, thanks, I got that working. However, it appears the gbean and
> the webapp have to be started and stopped in tandem. This makes
> sense and I'm assuming this is because they are technically part of
> the same application. I can't seem to find the gbean in the list of
> gbeans in the JMX viewer to run doStart() and doStop() against it.
> Is there any way to start and stop the gbean separately from the
> webapp when they're packaged this way?

It ought to be there, but it might be hard to spot. I think it will
only be found under all mbeans/geronimo and it's object name will be
similar to the object name of the web module (same number of name
components anyway).  I just checked and some gbeans deployed in this
way with the console show up the jmx viewer.  It did take me a few
minutes to find them.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Clayton Hicklin <ch...@mutiger.homeip.net>.