Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dolan Antenucci <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/09 20:38:26 UTC

Config setting for staging.dir?

Is there a way to change the staging directory in the config files?  Mine
currently goes to "/<tmp-folder>/staging".

I read someone else set mapreduce.jobtracker.staging.root.dir, but I have
had no luck with this (or slightly different versions of it) in my config
files.  I'm guessing this other user set it in their code?   How would I do
that if I run a command like, "hadoop jar
/usr/lib/hadoop/hadoop-*-examples.jar pi 2 100000"?  My preference though
would be to overwrite this setting in the config files so that every user
wouldn't have to specify it (i.e. assuming I don't let them use the temp
folder).

Thanks

-Dolan Antenucci

Re: Config setting for staging.dir?

Posted by Dolan Antenucci <an...@gmail.com>.
After retrying that setting in mapred-site.xml, that is now working.  I last
had "mapred.jobtracker..." in the file, so I may have just had the setting
misspelled, or failed to restart when I had it spelled correctly. Either
way, all good now.  Thanks for the quick follow-up!

Sincerely,

Dolan Antenucci