Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org> on 2007/10/17 08:48:49 UTC

Re: [sa-list] Re: RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Henrik Krohns wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 06:16:49PM -0400, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
>> dnswl.org is either full of it, or not well maintained.
>>
>> I've gotten at least 20 spams which I see are listed in dnswl.org as "low
>> trust" (which still merits -1.0).
>
> Umm, did you actually read their pages?
>
> Low	Occasional spam occurrences, actively corrected but less promptly.

My point was more along the lines of the fact that there's no method
(other than manual notification) of doing "Active Correction".  DNSWL is a
cool idea, but could we also come up with some sort of "reporting" plugin
(disabled by default, optional) that could notify them when, say, a spam
of score 15 or above also hits their rules.

> If you dont like it, change the scores.

Why not change the system?

-Dan

--

"Why are you wearing TWO grounding straps?"

-John Evans, Ezzi Computers August 23, 2001

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 09:55:02AM +0300, Henrik Krohns wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 02:48:49AM -0400, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

> >> Umm, did you actually read their pages?
> >>
> >> Low	Occasional spam occurrences, actively corrected but less promptly.
> >
> > My point was more along the lines of the fact that there's no method (other
> > than manual notification) of doing "Active Correction".
>
> Sure, I just felt like being rude also. ;) You say "at least 20 spam", but
> since it depends on what your total traffic is, it doesn't mean much.
>
> Ofcourse I have no problem if someone should improve the reporting.

Just FYI, some of my stats..

  HAM SPAMMY SPAM
  141     0     0  RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI
 1889     4     2  RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED
 3355    37    20  RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW

To me it seems pretty well maintainted.

Re: [sa-list] Re: [sa-list] Re: RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW

Posted by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org>.
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Henrik Krohns wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 02:48:49AM -0400, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

>>> Umm, did you actually read their pages?
>>>
>>> Low	Occasional spam occurrences, actively corrected but less promptly.
>>
>> My point was more along the lines of the fact that there's no method (other
>> than manual notification) of doing "Active Correction".
>
> Sure, I just felt like being rude also. ;) You say "at least 20 spam", but
> since it depends on what your total traffic is, it doesn't mean much.

Actually, that was a typo, of sorts...a more accurate metric would be:

Over 200 hits on that rule, with spams mostly over scores of ten, since
October 8th, with total spam volume (< 5) about 1000.

Or...roughly 1/5 to 1/4 of all the spam in the past couple weeks.

-Dan

--

"Is Gushi a person or an entity?"
"Yes"

-Bad Karma, August 25th 2001, Ezzi Computers, Quoting himself earler, referring to Gushi

Posted by Matthias Leisi <ma...@leisi.net>.