Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Gaurav Agarwal <ga...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/02 12:52:29 UTC

Hbase procedure

Hello

I was exploring namespace in hbasse and suddenly saw there is something
called as hbaseadmin.execProcedure(.......);
The comment is it is a globally barrier distributed stored procedure.

Can I take some one help me to find Is this similar to rdbms stored proc?

Or any inputs where can be used in client application.

Re: Hbase procedure

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
The procedure in this context is different from RDBMS stored procedure.
In flush(), you would see:

    execProcedure("flush-table-proc", tableName.getNameAsString(),

      new HashMap<String, String>());

In MasterFlushTableProcedureManager.java :

  public static final String FLUSH_TABLE_PROCEDURE_SIGNATURE =
"flush-table-proc";

The above is returned by getProcedureSignature().

See the javadoc for MasterProcedureManager to get some idea of what
globally barriered procedures are.

FYI