Posted to general@portals.apache.org by MILONE FRANCESCO PAOLO <fm...@sogei.it> on 2004/06/03 08:59:21 UTC

Migration path between jetspeed1 and jetspeed2

Hi,
We are developing an "enterprise portal" using jetspeed1 code. We
invested a lot a resources in this project. I wonder if people that are
working at jetspeed 2 project have in mind any  migration path in order
to safeguard the investments
Thanks
Francesco

Re: Migration path between jetspeed1 and jetspeed2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Jun 2, 2004, at 11:59 PM, MILONE FRANCESCO PAOLO wrote:

> Hi,
> We are developing an "enterprise portal" using jetspeed1 code. We
> invested a lot a resources in this project. I wonder if people that are
> working at jetspeed 2 project have in mind any  migration path in order
> to safeguard the investments
> Thanks
> Francesco

Elements of the portal such as PSML and templates should migrate fairly
easily.

Portlets written to the Jetspeed API will require to be either
rewritten to meet the portlet API,
or an portlet adaptor for J1 portlets to run in J2 has been discussed,
but no work has been started on it.

The Jetspeed team plans ito port all the major portlets in J1 to J2
(GenericMVC, DatabaseBrowser, WebPage, IFrame, all the admin portlets)