Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org> on 2002/08/09 17:02:36 UTC

Welcome Rob Oxspring!

roxspring@apache.org now has karma to jakarta-site

I trust that Rob will cast votes wisely.

I trust that those who have cast votes wisely to date will not suddenly
take the opportunity to make mischief.

As for the overall issue, I see little value in giving the power to vote
to people who are unable to directly contribute.  Nor do I see value in
enabling people to directly contribute but not have a voice in the
direction of the subproject.

- Sam Ruby

Re: Welcome Rob Oxspring!

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
> .
>
> As for the overall issue, I see little value in giving the power to
> vote to people who are unable to directly contribute.  Nor do I see
> value in enabling people to directly contribute but not have a voice
> in the direction of the subproject.

+1  -- I think the real question starts to get into the definition of
"directly contribute"

-andy

Re: Welcome Rob Oxspring!

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
On 8/9/02 11:02 AM, "Sam Ruby" <ru...@apache.org> wrote:

> As for the overall issue, I see little value in giving the power to vote
> to people who are unable to directly contribute.  Nor do I see value in
> enabling people to directly contribute but not have a voice in the
> direction of the subproject.

For me, this wasn't an issue.  A committer is a committer.

For me, the issue was how do we 'regularize' this so that we have a
consistent process to bring in others like this in the future...

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.