Posted to general@db.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2003/02/20 20:16:55 UTC

poolman clone

As I thought I heard it mentioned that poolman was intended for db.apache,
this news might be of interest:

http://www.javalobby.org/thread.jsp?forum=17&thread=6926
http://yapoolman.sf.net/

Hen

Re: poolman clone

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.
Looks cool, although I think removing statement
pooling was a mistake.  Rod did comprehensive
profiling of Oracle with and without PreparedStatement
pooling, and he found that reusing prepared statements
increased response time dramatically.  In that
respect, at least, commons-dbcp is a better db pool.

- Morgan

--- Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:
> As I thought I heard it mentioned that poolman was
> intended for db.apache,
> this news might be of interest:

http://www.javalobby.org/thread.jsp?forum=17&thread=6926
> http://yapoolman.sf.net/