Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2002/05/23 05:31:38 UTC

[Announce] NekoHTML 0.6.1 Available

I had a bug fix waiting in the queue for the next release of
the NekoHTML parser for XNI but was waiting for something
more substantial. Then SamC wrote me asking about NekoHTML
performance (or lack thereof). So I went back into the code
specifically looking to improve the performance.

While there is probably more that can be done, I think that
the current speed boost is sufficient for a new release. So
I'm pleased to announce that NekoHTML, version 0.6.1 is now
available for download at the following URL:

  http://www.apache.org/~andyc/nekohtml/doc/index.html

This release includes the following changes:

  * Changed tag balancer behavior to swallow events after
    the close of the <html> tag to ensure that the document
    stream remains well-formed;
  * added additional Ruby elements; and
  * improved tag balancer performance.

I was also asked to add a document fragment parser (DOM,
specifically) but that will have to wait until a future
release. If anyone has additional feature requests, let
me know.

Enjoy!

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org

Re: [Announce] NekoHTML 0.6.1 Available

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> Are you swallowing all events or are you allowing comments and
> processing instructions to come through?

Comments and PIs (which I don't scan at this point ;) are
*not* swallowed. Just the events that should not appear after
the root element has closed are swallowed.

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@metalab.unc.edu>.

|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |

Re: [Announce] NekoHTML 0.6.1 Available

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Looks like I botched the tag balancing code when I added the
performance improvements. I'll be looking at fixing this as
soon as possible and posting a new release. Sorry for the
inconvenience.