Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pedro Sousa <pe...@link.pt> on 2003/06/02 17:23:10 UTC

Byte Order Mark (BOM) Problem

Hi,

    I'm using Axis for consuming .Net Web Services. I'm having trouble while invoking a method from the Service. When i invoke this method the .NET gets the request, processes it, and sends a response. This SOAP response is well formed and is coming in a UTF-8 encoding.

The exception i'm getting is "Root Element is Missing".

I've debug the process and the problem is that the string containing the Soap Response that is being parsed by class Parser2 (crimson parser i believe) is getting the first char of the string (in.peekc('<')) to look for the <?xml header of the xml response. The problem is that the first char in the string is like ''. I assume this first char is the BOM character, that is suppose to send in and UTF-8 encoding.

Can someone help me with this ?

If this is a parser error how can i put Axis using another parser that suports this BOM ?

Pedro Sousa