Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2021/06/15 08:58:01 UTC

[VOTE] Fulcrum JSON RC v2.0.1 on Staged Repo

Hi Turbine devs,

a release candidate for the Turbine Fulcrum JSON Component (version 2.0.1)
has
been prepared.

It contains:

-   Update tests and dependencies
-   Bugfixes and security fixes, code cleanup
-   Removed Jackson 1 support

Tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/turbine/fulcrum/tags/fulcrum-json-2.0.1

Artifacts:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheturbine-1065/

Keys:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/turbine/KEYS

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because

Please verify this release candidate carefully and cast your vote, if you
are a
Turbine PMC member or a committer (non binding).

Thanks for your efforts!

Best regards,

Georg

[RESULT][VOTE] Fulcrum JSON RC v2.0.1 on Staged Repo

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
Hi Turbine Devs,

we met the voting limit (after about two weeks) and I do finish the voting
process.

The votes casted were:

Georg Kallidis      +1
Jeffery Painter     +1
Thomas Vandahl      +1

As a result with three binding votes in favorite we hit the required
quorum.

I conclude with the next steps in releasing the candidate.

Thanks to all the voters!

Best regards,

Georg

P.S. @Thomas, I changed the behaviour in fulcrum-json/trunk to include the
artifact name of the dist artifacts.

Von:    Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>
An:     Turbine Developers List <de...@turbine.apache.org>
Datum:  27.06.2021 15:53
Betreff:        Re: [VOTE] Fulcrum JSON RC v2.0.1 on Staged Repo

<ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>:

> [X] +1 release it
> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
> [ ] -1 no, do not release it because

Signatures, build and tests run fine with

Apache Maven 3.5.2 (138edd61fd100ec658bfa2d307c43b76940a5d7d;
2017-10-18T09:58:13+02:00)
Java home:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_241.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.16", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

I used the distribution for testing. Usually I expect a sub-directory of
the name of the arifact to be created when I unpack the distribution. This
does not happen here. I'd suggest to add this behaviour back in.

Bye, Thomas

Re: [VOTE] Fulcrum JSON RC v2.0.1 on Staged Repo

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Re: Re: [VOTE] Fulcrum JSON RC v2.0.1 on Staged Repo

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
Hi Jeffery,

actually I excluded the module jackson (not jackson2) from building. I
didn't remove it, though. This is similar to Fulcrum Security, where the
NT and ldap modules are not build (not in the module build list), but
still there.

As a result this module ist not included in the dist source and binary
aritfacts. It may be removed later ..

Best regards, Georg

Von:    Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>
An:     dev@turbine.apache.org
Datum:  22.06.2021 18:32

Hello,

There was one java file (in test code) that was missing ASL header. I
added it in and updated in SVN.  I don't think this is a show stopper
for this release.  Everything else looks fine to me.

[X] +1 release it

Thanks!

Jeff

Posted by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>.