Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Bungaro, Paola" <pb...@cisco.com> on 2003/11/18 20:33:17 UTC

problem modifying MimeMessage

I'm a newbie both in Java and James, so be kind...
I'm making some modifications to James in order to build a prototype. I have configured it to use a dbfile mailstore. I'm sending mime messages containing audio/x-wav content, encoded base64. I do not use multipart.
The modification I need to make is to store the messages body - i.e. the wav files - in decoded form, while the current code seems to store them in base64.
In JDBCMailRepository.store, I tried to decode the content, and save it back in the message after clearing the Content-Transfer-Encoding header; this works fine if I work with text/plain encoded base64, but not if I test it with audio content. It looks like calling setContent or setDataHandler passing the decoded buffer does not have any effect on a message having audio/x-wav content.

thank you,

Paola