Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Andrew Thompson <an...@quidnunc.com> on 2000/11/13 20:41:57 UTC

element

Hi all,

Just started getting into Ant - excellent tool so far - though the way
copies and deletes fail silently if the files in question don't exist is
upsetting.

One of the things that attracted me was the support for BEA Weblogic -
however I'm having trouble with some container manager beans...

the

<ejbjar>
	<weblogic>

element is assuming this structure

META-INF/
	ejb-jar.xml
	weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
	weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml

Beans produced with the Visual Cafe deployer tool have this format and work
fine in ant.

However the new weblogic deployer tool (weblogic 5.1 service pack 6) is
producing this layout:

META-INF/
	ejb-jar.xml
	weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
	WL-CMP-TYPES/
		CMP_Weblogic_CMP_RDBMS123456789012.xml

where the number seems to be a sequence, sometimes it makes a new one and
leaves the
old one in place.

Both 	weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml and
CMP_Weblogic_CMP_RDBMS123456789012.xml seem
to have the same format, and its a simple matter to re-arrange things and
edit
weblogic-ejb-jar.xml by hand to point to the old location... but...

I was wondering:

i) is anyone else seeing this - is hand editing a safe thing to do?

ii) do the ant nightlies handle this issue? Are they stable at present?

Andrew Thompson    :: A little bigger on the inside
Software Developer :: Quidnunc
I am the cat who walks through walls, all places and all times are alike to
me.

RE: element

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
Andrew,

I am currently working on a patch to the ejbjar task to support adding CMP
info based on the contents of the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml file. This should
make it possible to use the new layout. I think hand editing is safe. We
don't actually use the deployer tool here. Of course, YMMV.

Nightly builds have a pretty good record of being stable.

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill
conor@cortexebusiness.com.au