Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/30 16:50:44 UTC

Ampersand in an init-praram in web.xml

I need to specify a password that has an ampersand in it for an
init-param in my applications web.xml when specifying the password of
a service account of course with it being XML it complains about the
ampersand so when you use it's entity reference &amp; then that
doesn't work for the password.

Is there anyway around this that anyone knows other than changing the
password (the account is used all over for various things so changing
the password isn't straightforward)? It is for pre-authentication for
JCIFS if anyone is wondering but posted here as it is more of a Tomcat
question.

Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org
Personal Site - http://jasonbainbridge.com