Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "BIXBY,MARK (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <ma...@am.exch.hp.com> on 1999/09/03 22:26:41 UTC

http protocol tracing?

I'm attempting to debug a problem with the MPE/iX port where "KeepAlive On"
results in terrible performance compared to "KeepAlive Off".  Increasing the
KeepAliveTimeout worsens the performance.

I'm using Netscape Communicator 4.61 and MSIE 5.0 to test with.

Is there anything I can turn on within Apache that will log the http
protocol between the server and the browser?  Or do I have to add my own
code to do this?

- Mark B.

Re: http protocol tracing?

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.
On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 02:26:41PM -0600, BIXBY,MARK HP-Cupertino,ex1" wrote:
> Is there anything I can turn on within Apache that will log the http
> protocol between the server and the browser?  Or do I have to add my own
> code to do this?

There is no such code in Apache itself (that I know of). Try netcat,
at <ftp://coast.cs.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/netcat/nc110.tgz>. It has
the ability to act as an intermediary between clients and servers on a
TCP connection, logging the data that go through.