Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net> on 2008/05/21 16:01:56 UTC

dsbl.org dying?

dsbl.org are having problems. it would be nice if people who use it
disable it, at least temporarily.

Re: dsbl.org dying?

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
D Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2008 at 14:26 -0400, vivek@khera.org confabulated:
>

>> On May 21, 2008, at 10:01 AM, mouss wrote:
>>
>>> dsbl.org are having problems. it would be nice if people who use it
>>> disable it, at least temporarily.
>>>

>> I asked about this on the spamtools list on the 12th to deafening
>> silence.
>>
>> On that day, if you were to look at their status page,
>> http://dsbl.org/nsstatus, you would have seen half of their DNS
>> primaries listed as broken.  Today I see "page not found" with a
>> generic drupal error message.  Not looking promising if you ask me.
>>
>> Time to stop using it, as far as I am concerned.
>
> I stopped using the list a few months ago. Rejections based on the
> list was at ~0.06% of the total number of RBL rejections. The figures
> were ~3.7 million total RBL rejections to ~2,500 dsbl.org rejections.
> It my eyes, the list was not worth keeping around when the server(s)
> are handling over seven(7) million messages per day.

my numbers are even less than yours... (and on different
networks/companies, so it's not just my mail). This make me think that
it won't survive.

dsbl was good at the time, but nowadays, most spam comes from zombies
and networks that don't get listed per dsbl policy/mechanisms.

Re: dsbl.org dying?

Posted by D Hill <d....@yournetplus.com>.

Re: dsbl.org dying?

Posted by Vivek Khera <vi...@khera.org>.

Re: dsbl.org dying?

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> dsbl.org are having problems. it would be nice if people who use it
>> disable it, at least temporarily.
>
> We had errors in our monitoring system also due to this last night.
> The test point was invalid. (2.0.0.127).
>
> But i could not reach the site either so...
> Most likely Ian will respond to this also.

they have a hardware problem. People who can help them are encouraged
to. Others should stop queries.

Re: dsbl.org dying?

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Hi!

> dsbl.org are having problems. it would be nice if people who use it disable
> it, at least temporarily.

We had errors in our monitoring system also due to this last night. The
test point was invalid. (2.0.0.127).

But i could not reach the site either so...
Most likely Ian will respond to this also.

Bye,
Raymond.