Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org> on 2015/06/01 18:39:52 UTC

[MENTORS] [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating) - release candidate 2 (dev group vote)

MENTORS:

Can you please review and VOTE for the 0.5.0 release candidate 2 to take
this to Apache Release VOTE asap ?

Thanks,
Selva-

Date:  Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 1:38 AM
To:  "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <de...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating) - release
candidate 2 (dev group vote)

All:

Based on the feedback from earlier RC for 0.5.0 (incubating) Ranger Release
, I have included recent fixes for the Ranger Release 0.5.0 (incubating) -
Release Candidate # 2:

The ranger-0.5.0-rc2 release candidate is build from ranger-0.5 branch and
is available with the following artifacts up for a project vote:

Git tag for the release:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ranger.git;a=shortlog;h=
refs/tags/ranger-0.5.0-rc2
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ranger.git;a=shortlog;h
=refs/tags/ranger-0.5.0-rc2>

Source release:
http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.5.0-rc2/ranger-0.5.0.tar.
gz

PGP Signature:
http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.5.0-rc2/ranger-0.5.0.tar.
gz.asc

MD5/SHA hash:
http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.5.0-rc2/ranger-0.5.0.tar.
gz.mds

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
https://people.apache.org/keys/group/ranger.asc

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes is reached.
 [ ] +1  approve
 [ ] +0  no opinion
 [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1 (binding)

Thanks
Selva-

From: Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 3:47 AM
To: "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <de...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
candidate 1 (dev group vote)

Selva, thanks for putting this together. Seems some of the configuration
properties needs to be updated to support the new the audit framework. I
will create a JIRA to track it. Can we create an updated RC by Friday?

-1

Thanks

Bosco

Re: [MENTORS] [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating) - release candidate 2 (dev group vote)

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1.  Sig, md5, disclaimer, license, notice, headers, tests, all look good.

One point worth raising, however, is that the header on the thread is
incorrect and potentially exclusionary.  Everyone in the community is
welcome and encouraged to vote, not just mentors.  Only IPMC votes (of
which mentors are members, but not the only members) are binding toward the
final result, but everyone should test and evaluate the candidate.
Non-binding votes should be included in a separate tally.  This helps to
involve new members of the community and demonstrate that a new community
is being developed around the code.

-Jakob

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.