Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sylvie Picouet <sy...@brest.actia.fr> on 2002/10/18 17:55:36 UTC

namespaces with xslt

I have an XML file that uses a namespace (the associated schema is defined
in a namespace).
When I want to apply an xslt stylesheet to that xml file, is there a way
not to be obliged to add the namespace to each node in path expressions
(like in xsl:template match=path-exp or xsl:apply-templates select=pathexp)
?
Thanks in advance,

Sylvie.

Re: namespaces with xslt

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Sylvie Picouet wrote:
> I have an XML file that uses a namespace (the associated schema is defined
> in a namespace).
> When I want to apply an xslt stylesheet to that xml file, is there a way
> not to be obliged to add the namespace to each node in path expressions
> (like in xsl:template match=path-exp or xsl:apply-templates select=pathexp)
I'm not sure I understood waht you mean, but my answer is: no way, xpath
1.0 doesn't have a facility to set up default namespace and every
unprefixed node name is considered to be in a null namespace, so you
have to declare namespace and use xhtml:td -like expressions.

PS. That's actually offtopic, try great
http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list.

--
Oleg Tkachenko