Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Morealli, Lori" <mo...@ctc.com> on 2002/08/15 22:23:01 UTC

DOMParser looking for XSD's on desktop in Applet environment

I am using the org.adl.parsers.dom.DOMParser class in an applet environment
to parse an XML instance for validity against a schema(s).  I want the
parser to validate the XML instance against the schemas located in the
xsi:schemalocation attribute value, rather than setting the
http://apache.org/xml/properties/schema/external-schemaLocation property.

When parsing with the above setup, it appears that the applet environment
forces the schemas to be located on the desktop rather than where the
xsi:schemalocation attribute suggests.
I get the following message:
schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'test.xsd', because 1)
could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root
element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.

This seems to be problematic only in the applet environment only.  When
downloading the DOMWriter sample file and using it with validation turned on
, it seemed to use the xsi:schemalocation attribute just fine.  But again,
with our applet code that does not set the external-schemaLocation property
but rather relies on the xsi:schemalocation value, it looks for the the
schemas to reside on the desktop.

Does anyone have any input to this?