Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alberto Avila <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/17 22:48:10 UTC

Problems with James + POP3 + SSL

Hi!, i've tried to configure pop3 with ssl in james but i'got this problem:
17/09/05 14:31:35 ERROR pop3server: Exception during connection from
AGRO1 (192.168.0.205) : Connection has been shutdown:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.checkEOF(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedReader.read(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.james.util.CRLFTerminatedReader.readLine(CRLFTerminatedReader.java:98)
	at org.apache.james.pop3server.POP3Handler.readCommandLine(POP3Handler.java:415)
	at org.apache.james.pop3server.POP3Handler.handleConnection(POP3Handler.java:266)
	at org.apache.james.util.connection.ServerConnection$ClientConnectionRunner.run(ServerConnection.java:417)
	at org.apache.james.util.thread.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:55)
	at org.apache.james.util.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:90)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common

either by using Thunderbird, Outlook express or any othre client.

I googled it, and did it what i found. I installed the JCE jar files
in the james/lib (not the james/apps/james/SAR-INF/lib), but i got the
same problem, then i installed the bcprov-jdk15-129 on the same
directory and modified the java.security.
But i'm still getting the same error.

How could i make it work ?

--
Alberto Avila
Desarrollador

Re: how to build source from svn trunk?

Posted by AVee <av...@avee.org>.
On Wednesday 28 September 2005 17:55, nurularesya ;p wrote:
> thanks...
>
> how to use a subversion client to download the source?

You could give TortoiseSVN a try. I've never used it but found TortoiseCVS,
wich it is based upon to be easy to use.
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

Arjan

Re: how to build source from svn trunk?

Posted by "nurularesya ;p" <nu...@yahoo.com>.
thanks...

how to use a subversion client to download the source?

instead of ECLIPSE..should i use that?why use eclipse?is that need in running james?

so i need to download ant and install?is that true?i guess instead of downloading and run build.bat, ant was running together...

sorry about this..but im really want to know...thanks again

thanks,
nurularesya

Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Are you using the latest trunk? => im not sure whether it was
> a latest trunk or not..because im download at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/

Yes, the link is the correct one.
(You should use a subversion client to download the source and not a
web-downloader)

> What version of ant do you use? => how can i know what
> version that im using in windows?how to make ant work?when i
> run build.bat..was ant run together?

If you installed ant correctly you should have an environment variable
pointing to the directory where you installed it:
If you write "set" you should see something like:

c:\james>set
ANT_HOME=C:\Programmi\Java\apache-ant-1.6.2
CATALINA_HOME=c:\Programmi\Java\Tomcat 5.0
ECLIPSE_HOME=c:\Programmi\Java\eclipse
JAVA_HOME=C:\Programmi\Java\j2sdk1.4.2_06\

Running "ant -version" you should find your ant version.

Stefano

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good

Re: how to build source from svn trunk?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> Are you using the latest trunk? => im not sure whether it was
> a latest trunk or not..because im download at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/

Yes, the link is the correct one.
(You should use a subversion client to download the source and not a
web-downloader)

> What version of ant do you use? => how can i know what
> version that im using in windows?how to make ant work?when i
> run build.bat..was ant run together?

If you installed ant correctly you should have an environment variable
pointing to the directory where you installed it:
If you write "set"<return> you should see something like:

Posted by "nurularesya ;p" <nu...@yahoo.com>.
Are you using the latest trunk? => im not sure whether it was a latest trunk or not..because im download at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/

What version of ant do you use? => how can i know what version that im using in windows?how to make ant work?when i run build.bat..was ant run together?

What jdk vendor/version? => im using j2sdk-1.4.2_09

how to build this? => You should be able to build also via "ant" instead of "build", try that too.

thanks,
nurularesya

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good

Re: how to build source from svn trunk?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Are you using the latest trunk?
I've just tried under windows and it works.

What version of ant do you use?
What jdk vendor/version?

I'm using ant-1.6.2 (check your ANT_HOME environment variable) and
j2sdk-1.4.2_06.

Posted by "nurularesya ;p" <nu...@yahoo.com>.
hello there..i have some problem when build source from svn trunk...im run build.bat in windows...but the error appear then...the error is

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Problems with James + POP3 + SSL

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
See also:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-343

Vincenzo

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.

Posted by Alberto Avila <al...@gmail.com>.

<vi...@praxis.it> wrote:
> You didn't answer my question about the James release being used by you.
> And moreover: which jdk are you using?
>
> Vincenzo
>
> Alberto Avila wrote:
>
> >sure, but it's still doesnt work
> >what else could it be?
> >
> >On 9/18/05, Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini
> ><vi...@praxis.it> wrote:
> >

> >>Which release of James are you using?
> >>
> >>Did you read http://wiki.apache.org/james/UsingSSL?
> >>
> >>Vincenzo

Alberto Avila
Desarrollador

Re: Problems with James + POP3 + SSL

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.

Posted by Alberto Avila <al...@gmail.com>.

<vi...@praxis.it> wrote:
> Which release of James are you using?
>
> Did you read http://wiki.apache.org/james/UsingSSL?
>
> Vincenzo
>
> Alberto Avila wrote:
>
> >Hi!, i've tried to configure pop3 with ssl in james but i'got this problem:
> >17/09/05 14:31:35 ERROR pop3server: Exception during connection from
> >AGRO1 (192.168.0.205) : Connection has been shutdown:
> >javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common
> >javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown:
> >javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common
> >       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.checkEOF(Unknown Source)
> >       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
> >       at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
> >       at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
> >       at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(Unknown Source)
> >       at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(Unknown Source)
> >       at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
> >       at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
> >       at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
> >       at java.io.BufferedReader.read(Unknown Source)
> >       at org.apache.james.util.CRLFTerminatedReader.readLine(CRLFTerminatedReader.java:98)
> >       at org.apache.james.pop3server.POP3Handler.readCommandLine(POP3Handler.java:415)
> >       at org.apache.james.pop3server.POP3Handler.handleConnection(POP3Handler.java:266)
> >       at org.apache.james.util.connection.ServerConnection$ClientConnectionRunner.run(ServerConnection.java:417)
> >       at org.apache.james.util.thread.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:55)
> >       at org.apache.james.util.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:90)
> >Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common
> >
> >either by using Thunderbird, Outlook express or any othre client.
> >
> >I googled it, and did it what i found. I installed the JCE jar files
> >in the james/lib (not the james/apps/james/SAR-INF/lib), but i got the
> >same problem, then i installed the bcprov-jdk15-129 on the same
> >directory and modified the java.security.
> >But i'm still getting the same error.
> >
> >How could i make it work ?

Alberto Avila
Desarrollador