Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2003/01/16 17:36:23 UTC

RE: Cactus Plugin Problems (Making Progress)

Jason,

You where right about the dvsl stuff causing problems.  So far I have solved
somethings and worked around others.

First off, if I copy my tomcat.4x.jelly into my main plugin.jelly, that
avoids all the jellycontext issues.  Is that a bug then in Jelly?

Second off, the war plugin produces wars of the format
sample-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war, however the cactus plugin is looking for
sample.war.  So I am converting the cactus plugin to look for
sample-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war.

Thirdly, if I call the target init-dvsl-tag I get an error.  I notice a
couple other plugin's have this call.  Does this mean the dvsl is no longer
supported at all?  Or can I somehow keep it so I don't have to convert the
.dvsl file to something else.

Thanks,
Eric Pugh

RE: Cactus Plugin Problems (Making Progress)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 11:36, EPugh@upstate.com wrote:
> Jason,
>
> You where right about the dvsl stuff causing problems.  So far I have solved
> somethings and worked around others.
>
> First off, if I copy my tomcat.4x.jelly into my main plugin.jelly, that
> avoids all the jellycontext issues.  Is that a bug then in Jelly?

The root context might not being set correctly. You are trying to import
a jelly script I assume?

> Second off, the war plugin produces wars of the format
> sample-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war, however the cactus plugin is looking for
> sample.war.  So I am converting the cactus plugin to look for
> sample-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war.
>
> Thirdly, if I call the target init-dvsl-tag I get an error.  I notice a
> couple other plugin's have this call.

Yah, some plugins not used at all like graph and dependency plugins. I
will switch those later on.

> Does this mean the dvsl is no longer
> supported at all?

Nope, all references to it will be gone when 1.0 is released. It's
unreliable.

> Or can I somehow keep it so I don't have to convert the
> .dvsl file to something else.

You'll have to convert it which is why I said to look at the JUnit
plugin because the stylesheets are almost identical.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com