Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Cheng, Hao" <ha...@intel.com> on 2014/11/06 01:47:38 UTC

Spark SQL Hive Version

Hi, all, I noticed that when compiling the SparkSQL with profile "hive-0.13.1", it will fetch the Hive version of 0.13.1a under groupId "org.spark-project.hive", what's the difference with the one of "org.apache.hive"? And where can I get the source code for re-compiling?

Thanks,
Cheng Hao

Re: Spark SQL Hive Version

Posted by Zhan Zhang <zz...@hortonworks.com>.
The original spark-project hive-0.13.1 has some problem with packaging causing version conflicts, and hive-0.13.1a is repackaged to solve the problem. They share the same official hive source code release 0.13.1, with unnecessary package removed from the original official hive release package. You can refer to https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/2685 for the whole story.

Thanks.

Zhan Zhang

Thanks.

Zhan Zhang