Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Milo Grains <mi...@dellmail.com> on 2005/05/06 18:17:06 UTC

Re: Howto configure tomcat to compile JSPs with Sun JDK 1.5

It is not possible.  I have asked here for months and nothing has worked.  The compiler flags than the docs say to use are not passed to the compiler, so you can not use Ant as the docs say.  I think it is an IBM conspiricy.  It took IBM a year to implement inner classes back in the jdk 1.1 era, so I suspect it will take the same time before that IBM compiler supports Java 5 features.  Netbeans will comile them in the IDE with Java 5, but Tomcat won't compile them with Java 5.