Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Marco Ambu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/29 11:27:50 UTC

Status of bugs filed in old netbeans.org

Hi,

What will happen to existing bugs filed in the old netbeans.org system now
that we are using apache's Jira?
Will they be migrated automatically or do we need to open them manually in
the new system?

Thanks
--
Marco Ambu

Re: Status of bugs filed in old netbeans.org

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
JIRA has been set up and running for at least 6 months already:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues

Gj

Posted by Brett Ryan <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lars Bruun-Hansen <lb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Peter Hull <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 at 11:30 Geertjan Wielenga <
> geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> The general feeling right now appears to be that those issues you care
>> about -- and are applicable to Apache NetBeans -- you'd move over to
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues.
>>
>> What about the bugs that are (semi-)automatically submitted when the IDE
> detects a problem?

We'll have to see. Not sure yet.

> I've found this to be a useful feature in the past, particularly because
> the NetBeans team have been very helpful and responsive.

Hope you realize that the NetBeans team is now the Apache NetBeans team,
which means -- you, too. :-)

> I suppose older versions of the IDE will continue to connect to the
> bugzilla, even if Apache Netbeans changes over?

At some point, Oracle NetBeans Bugzilla will be read-only and backed up
somewhere. Apache and JIRA is the way forward.

Gj

Posted by Peter Hull <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 at 11:30 Geertjan Wielenga <
geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:

> The general feeling right now appears to be that those issues you care
> about -- and are applicable to Apache NetBeans -- you'd move over to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues.
>
> What about the bugs that are (semi-)automatically submitted when the IDE
detects a problem? I've found this to be a useful feature in the past,

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.