Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gabriel Mihalache <ga...@fx.ro> on 2002/06/18 18:18:24 UTC

a few questions

Hi! I'm a new user of the list. I've also recently started using Tomcat. I
have some experince with Orion and Resin. Here are my questions:

I just read an article on embedding Tomcat. Is it legal to embed Tomcat in a
close source application?!

getServletContext() returns a context only accessible from the current
webapp. Can I share a context between all webapps?! I'd rather not modify
web.xml and do things centrally in server.xml. How about when I'm embeding
Tomcat?!
Is there a way to do this is a non-Tomcat specific way?

    Thank you very much.
    Gabriel