Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Sudhanshu <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/03 13:20:52 UTC

Hello!

Hello Developers,

I am Sudhanshu Gupta, software engineer working in Bangalore, India. We are
using kafka in production and its fantastic.

I am willing to contribute to the project. I have forked and cloned the
kafka repo in my local. I want to get start on it. It would be great if
anyone from the community can help to understand the codebase and let me
fix some issues.

My Jira id: sudhanshu-gupta

Sudhanshu

Re: Hello!

Posted by Sudhanshu <su...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Prabhjot.

I will go through the wiki for setup. Sure :).

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Sudhanshu,
>
> You can go through the details mentioned here:
> http://kafka.apache.org/contributing.html
>
> Also, in case you need to setup your IDE, you can refer to these links:-
>

> http://www.lewuathe.com/blog/2014/10/16/build-apache-kafka-with-intellij-idea/
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Eclipse-Scala-Gradle-Git+Developement+Environment+Setup
>
> These links were very useful for me
>
> Also, I am in Bangalore. if you want, we can together start on the
> understanding part
>
> Regards,
> Prabhjot
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Sudhanshu <su...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Developers,
> >
> > I am Sudhanshu Gupta, software engineer working in Bangalore, India. We
> are
> > using kafka in production and its fantastic.
> >
> > I am willing to contribute to the project. I have forked and cloned the
> > kafka repo in my local. I want to get start on it. It would be great if
> > anyone from the community can help to understand the codebase and let me
> > fix some issues.
> >
> > My Jira id: sudhanshu-gupta
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Sudhanshu

> "There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
> binary, and those who don't"

Sudhanshu

Re: Hello!

Posted by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>.