Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/27 15:02:47 UTC

How to structure my base poms?

Hi,

we have java and flex projects at work. We currently have 1 base pom that
contains the configurations we want to use for both projects. Problem with
this is: flex projects inherit configuration for javadoc and pmd for
example, which they do not want.

I want to do this a bit more clean and have a real base-pom and then a
java-base-pom and a flex-base-pom. But how does this work in a multimodule
that has both a flex part and a java part?

We have plugins to our own application where we use the following structure:

+ my-plugin
    + my-plugin-client (flex)
    + my-plugin-server (java)

The my-plugin just contains a pom.xml with <modules/> section. I would use
the my-plugin pom.xml as a parent to both, but then I cannot also use the
java base-pom or the flex base-pom also as parent. What would be the best
approarch for this?

regards,

Wim