Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2010/03/19 00:18:29 UTC

Maven migration, almost there.

Hey guys,

Over the last day or two I've been working hard on fixing all the small issues in the Maven build. I've managed to fix most of them, all the bundles are working and with the help of Toni I managed to get some Knopflerfish bundles into the assembly for the server.

There is one remaining issue, and I can't seem to make that work, even with the example that Jean-Baptiste provided, and that is the WebUI bundle (ace-webui). This is a GWT based WAR file that has been converted into a bundle (JAR) file, adding some specific OSGi metadata. Please check the bundle you get when building legacy/core (in deploy/bundle) for reference.

I tried using the URL handler to dynamically wrap a WAR but that does not seem to get me a fully working bundle in this case. It seems to work but interaction with the server is not working, and the URL handler does not pick up on the Activator that is in there and that must be invoked to hook the WAR up to the rest of the bundles.

Anyway, this seems to be a pretty advanced use case for Maven, and I can definitely use some help from some of the Maven experts in the project. We're almost there! :)

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Maven migration, almost there.

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Marcel Offermans
<ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> Hello Dennis,
>
> On May 17, 2010, at 22:00 , Crissman, Dennis wrote:
>
>> I have been following the community for sometime, but this is my first
>> posting back.
>
> Good to hear from you!
>
>> I am attempting to stand up the server and gateway. Aside from the two felix
>> bundles mentioned below, I have run into some additional problems.
>
>> Before I get to that, when I first attempted to run both I got the following
>> error message:
>> =====
>> -> Felix 2.0.1 : connecting...
>> Oops, there has been a problem!
>> URL [mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.main/2.0.1] could not be
>> resolved.
>> =====
>> To resolve I simply added the missing package to the maven repository. Not
>> sure if this is a dependency that was missed in the POM, but thought I might
>> mention it.
>
> Over the last few days I've seen similar messages being posted on the Felix mailing lists, see http://markmail.org/message/nyfsumyqgvsktjax for the thread. I'm still not sure what exactly is causing this. There have been some issues with the Felix download site, and with the OPS4J site hosting the Pax Runner project. Let's see what comes out of this. It's definitely not a problem on your end, I can reproduce the problem here.

The artifact of question is a regular felix artifact that should be
picked from central.. so nothing related to ops4j repositories.
But what is much worse: Looks like the main repo instance
(http://osgi.sonatype.org) has been expired (look at the upper right
corner).
You can see what pax runner tries to access when running the run.sh
script with --log=debug option.
Will contact the guys..

Toni

--
Toni Menzel
Independent Software Developer

Re: Maven migration, almost there.

Posted by "Crissman, Dennis" <dc...@perimeterusa.com>.
Ahh... My mistake. I will do that next time.

Thanks,
Dennis

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.

Posted by "Crissman, Dennis" <dc...@perimeterusa.com>.

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Dennis,

Now that Pax Runner is working again, I see the same problems in the gateway target. I probably introduced them by accident when adding unit tests to the different bundles. Working on cleaning up the mistakes, give me some time to complete them! :)

Greetings, Marcel

Posted by "Crissman, Dennis" <dc...@perimeterusa.com>.
[...]

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Posted by "Crissman, Dennis" <dc...@perimeterusa.com>.

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Dennis,

Posted by "Crissman, Dennis" <dc...@perimeterusa.com>.
Greetings,

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Marcel Offermans <
marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Over the last day or two I've been working hard on fixing all the small
> issues in the Maven build. I've managed to fix most of them, all the bundles
> are working and with the help of Toni I managed to get some Knopflerfish
> bundles into the assembly for the server.
>
> There is one remaining issue, and I can't seem to make that work, even with
> the example that Jean-Baptiste provided, and that is the WebUI bundle
> (ace-webui). This is a GWT based WAR file that has been converted into a
> bundle (JAR) file, adding some specific OSGi metadata. Please check the
> bundle you get when building legacy/core (in deploy/bundle) for reference.
>
> I tried using the URL handler to dynamically wrap a WAR but that does not
> seem to get me a fully working bundle in this case. It seems to work but
> interaction with the server is not working, and the URL handler does not
> pick up on the Activator that is in there and that must be invoked to hook
> the WAR up to the rest of the bundles.
>
> Anyway, this seems to be a pretty advanced use case for Maven, and I can
> definitely use some help from some of the Maven experts in the project.
> We're almost there! :)
>
> Greetings, Marcel

Well, Maven is not turing complete like Ant is.
Will have a look at that.