Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by lin sun <li...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/21 19:51:56 UTC

xfire jar files needed at runtime?

Hi all,

I noticed that the latest binary distribution of
geronimo (1.0-169186) contains the following 2 xfire
jar files:

 xfire-20050202.jar
 xfire-java-20050202.jar

Do we really need them at runtime?  Any info is
appreciated.

thanks, Lin

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: xfire jar files needed at runtime?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I think that is the case for the rev you mention, and I'm fairly sure
of it for the current m4 branch.  Best way is to try it to find out
:-).  I'm 99% sure you will run into no problems as long as you don't
use web services, and 90% sure even if you do use web services.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by lin sun <li...@yahoo.com>.
David,

Thanks so much for your answer.  Correct me if I
understand incorrectly.... So we will need the two jar
files to build the files you mentioned below, but we
don't need the two jar files at runtime.

Lin

--- David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com> wrote:

> no, their use has been removed from head.  In the
> interests of greater
> stability the files that depend on them, although
> not actually used,
> will not be removed from m4.
>
> We do hope to eventually create a working xfire ws
> implementation, but
> I hope we would do that as separate geronimo modules
> rather than
> embedded inside openejb core.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jul 21, 2005, at 10:51 AM, lin sun wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I noticed that the latest binary distribution of
> > geronimo (1.0-169186) contains the following 2
> xfire
> > jar files:
> >
> >  xfire-20050202.jar
> >  xfire-java-20050202.jar
> >
> > Do we really need them at runtime?  Any info is
> > appreciated.
> >
> > thanks, Lin

> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com