Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/20 10:30:41 UTC

Verify signature for BookKeeper releases

Hi all,
While developing the Docker image Francesco noticed that it is not
very clear how to find the official signature of BookKeeper release

If an user browses to:
http://bookkeeper.apache.org/releases.html#download
gets to:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/bookkeeper

and there is a suggestion to verify the signature
https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

but actually I can find the .asc files only in this official repo,
which is not easy to find:
http://apache.org/dist/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.4.0/

and this is the official "KEYS" file
http://apache.org/dist/bookkeeper/KEYS

Maybe we can make it more clear for users to look for the signature

Is there some piece I am missing ?

-- Enrico

Re: Verify signature for BookKeeper releases

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a documentation improvement on Download/Release pages?

- Sijie