Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> on 2014/04/17 23:16:54 UTC

CLI tools dependency versioning

Michal also asks,
"Do CLI's have deps on specific versions of cordova-lib-*, so an apache release
means pushing updated package.json deps?"

I think Cordova CLI should explicitly lock versions in package.json to
stuff from cordova-ilb. Plugman too. (For now. Once things get stable more
liberal versioning is fine.) I could totally see something like this:

"dependencies": {
  "cordova-lib-app-create":"0.1.0",
  "cordova-lib-app-info":"0.1.0",
  "cordova-lib-app-platform-add":"0.1.0",
  "cordova-lib-app-platform-remove":"0.1.0",
...etc
}

Re: CLI tools dependency versioning

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
the big benefit of using package.json is native binaries

tho we all use macs here so no big deal

yuk yuk

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.