Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Mittal, Manisha" <Ma...@cardinal.com> on 2002/07/19 18:54:15 UTC

FallbackErrorHandler

Hi All,

I am trying to use FallbackErrorHandler with JDBCAppender and Asynchronus Appender.
I wish to have a particular Logger "ClickLogger" to log all the click messages to a database, asynchronously.
To achieve this I have added an Asynchronus Appender("ASYNC") to ClickLogger, and JDBCAppender("DB") is added to ASYNC. I want to add an errorHandler to the JDBCAppender, which will log all the messages to a File.

Everything seems to work fine, other than the FallbackErrorHandler. Whenever there is an error at database end I get the dump below:

%%%%%%%%%sql=insert into es_asap_user (userid, user_int_id, entelligence_active_ind) values (?, ?, ?)
In Execute@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
log4j: FB: Searching for [DB] in loggerClickLogger
log4j: FB: Replacing [DB] by [FALLBACK in loggercom.cardinal.corp.logging.ClickLogger@b76fa
log4j: FB: Adding appender [FALLBACK] to logger ClickLogger
%%%%%%%%%sql=insert into es_asap_user (userid, user_int_id, entelligence_active_ind) values (?, ?, ?)
log4j: FB: Searching for [DB] in loggerClickLogger
log4j: FB: Replacing [DB] by [FALLBACK in loggercom.cardinal.corp.logging.ClickLogger@b76fa
log4j: FB: Adding appender [FALLBACK] to logger ClickLogger

Attatched is the xml file and the classes I wrote. What am I doing wrong or What am I missing?

Thanks,
Manisha-