Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Denis Signoretto <de...@intesys.it> on 2013/01/10 17:42:55 UTC

Little console usability refactoring proposal

Hi Syncopers,

After using Syncope console for a while, IMHO, I would like to propose a little refactor.

Under the "Task" tab there are 4 sub tabs.
"Propagation Task" and "Notification task" are similar and show related executed jobs occured.
"Synchronization Task" and "Scheduled Task" have a different usability approach. Their main function
it's for new Synchronization and Scheduled Task creation while jobs execution it's "hidden" under edit icon.

I would like to propose a refactor where all (Propagation | Notification | Synchronization | Scheduled)
task show the executed jobs moving Synchronization and Scheduled Task creation under Configuration
(like notification).

If under Configuration ther's no space left for all tabs, a common main "Policies" tab could be created
to group (password | account | synchronization) policies.

WDYT?

Regards,
Denis.

  <http://www.intesys.it/firme/logo_intesys.jpg>

Denis Signoretto | Senior Project Manager

Intesys - Via Roveggia 122 A - 37136 Verona
Tel. 045 503663 | Fax 045 503604
denis.signoretto@intesys.it
www.intesys.it <http://www.intesys.it/>

Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail e nei suoi allegati potrebbero essere confidenziali/riservate e sono dirette unicamente ai destinatari sopra indicati. In caso di ricezione da parte di persona diversa è vietato qualunque tipo di divulgazione o copia anche parziale. Chi riceva questo messaggio per errore è pregato di inoltrarlo al mittente e di cancellare questa e-mail.

This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential/reserved information and is intended only for the use of the address(es) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient of this message, please note that distribution or copying of this communication is forbidden. Anyone who receives this communication in error should return it immediately to the sender and delete the message.

R: Little console usability refactoring proposal

Posted by Denis Signoretto <de...@intesys.it>.

Hi Fabio,
I agree and I can understand your point of view.

At the moment I'll just limit to expose my personal thoughs (base on my experience) that I can summaryze in:

- Propagation and Notification tasks show the execute jobs. I could be useful to have respectively
 the possibility to filter by specific Resource or Notification

- Synchronization and Scheduled tasks requires 4 clicks to get the list of executed task (tasks -> synch tasks -> edit -> executions)

I'm realizing the solution it's probably not a "little refactory"... :)

Regards.
Denis

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.