Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Karan Tyagi <ka...@towersperrin.com> on 2004/11/04 20:01:42 UTC

Error while Configuring Oracle JDBC store for Slide 2.0

I made the changes as specified below in the Domain.xml.
But when I startup Tomcat, it just dies.

Get the following excpetion:

04 Nov 2004 11:28:33 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO -
Initializing S
tore OracleStore(org.apache.slide.store.ExtendedStore)
04 Nov 2004 11:28:33 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO - Loading
namesp
ace slide base data
org.apache.slide.common.ServiceAccessException: Service
org.apache.slide.store.i
mpl.rdbms.JDBCStore@16dfa45 access error : java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.AbstractRDBMSStore.createObject(Abs
tractRDBMSStore.java:476)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.AbstractStore.createObject(AbstractStore.java:
557)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.ExtendedStore.createObject(ExtendedStore.java:
436)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.loadBaseData(Namespace.java:752)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.initNamespace(Domain.java:814)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:433)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.selfInit(Domain.java:747)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.accessNamespace(Domain.java:235)
        at wrappers.catalina.SlideRealm.start(SlideRealm.java:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1118)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:521
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:5
19)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:234
5)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:594)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:297)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:398)

        at
org.apache.slide.store.AbstractStore.createObject(AbstractStore.java:
576)
[...]

04 Nov 2004 11:28:35 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO -
Namespace base
 configuration was already done before

Can anyone help me on this.

- Karan Tyagi

Davide Savazzi <da...@corefandango.net>
11/03/2004 06:48 PM
Please respond to
"Slide Users Mailing List" <sl...@jakarta.apache.org>

cc

Subject
Re: Configuring Oracle JDBC store for Slide

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 15:40, Karan Tyagi wrote:
> Can someone let me know how to configure Oracle JDBC store for Slide?
> What changes need to be done in the Domain.xml and web.xml.

web.xml doesn't need to be changed (unless you want to use a tomcat
datasource...). Here's an example of a store configuration, to insert in
Domain.xml:

----

<definition>
 <store name="tx">
 <nodestore classname="org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.JDBCStore">
  <parameter name="adapter">
 org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.OracleRDBMSAdapter
  </parameter>
  <parameter name="driver">oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</parameter>
      <parameter name="url">
   jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:myslide
  </parameter>
      <parameter name="user">scott</parameter>
      <parameter name="password">tiger</parameter>
      <parameter name="dbcpPooling">true</parameter>
      <parameter name="maxPooledConnections">10</parameter>

  <!-- don't use serializable isolation! -->
      <!-- <parameter name="isolation">SERIALIZABLE</parameter> -->

  <!-- this can be set to true: -->
      <parameter name="compress">false</parameter>

 </nodestore>
   <sequencestore>
      <reference store="nodestore" />
   </sequencestore>
   <contentstore>
      <reference store="nodestore" />
   </contentstore>
   <securitystore>
      <reference store="nodestore" />
   </securitystore>
   <lockstore>
      <reference store="nodestore" />
   </lockstore>
   <revisiondescriptorsstore>
  <reference store="nodestore" />
 </revisiondescriptorsstore>
   <revisiondescriptorstore>
      <reference store="nodestore" />
   </revisiondescriptorstore>

 </store>
        <scope match="/" store="tx"/>
</definition>

----

--
Davide Savazzi

NOTICE:  This communication may contain confidential, proprietary or
legally privileged information. It is intended only for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not
use, read, retransmit, disseminate or take any action in reliance upon it.
Please notify the sender that you have received it in error and
immediately delete the entire communication, including any attachments.
Towers Perrin does not encrypt and cannot ensure the confidentiality or
integrity of external e-mail communications and, therefore, cannot be
responsible for any unauthorized access, disclosure, use or tampering that
may occur during transmission.  This communication is not intended to
create or modify any obligation, contract or warranty of Towers Perrin,
unless the firm clearly expresses such an intent.