Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Umesh Subramanian <Um...@morganstanley.com> on 2002/02/01 02:28:16 UTC

schema validation and caching

Hello,
I have a few questions about the schema validation in 2.0.0

1) Is the DOMASBuilder thread safe - I am thinking of preloading schemas
into the builder to parse multiple documents and want to be able to
share this builder accross threads.

2) Can I have multiple abstract schema models attached to a
DOMASBuilder? The example in the release seems to add multiple schema
DOMASModels to builder through the setAbstractSchema() API - but the API
name seems to suggest that the last DOMASModel is the one that is going
to be finally "set".

3) What is the role of the entity resolver with regards to schema URL
resolution? Assuming that I have all the schemas necessary for
validating a document preloaded, would the entity resolver still be
invoked to resolve the schema location URL?

4) Can I do away with schemaLocation attributes in my xsi's if I have
all the necessary schema files preloaded into the DOMASBuilder.

5) How is /Is schema validation and caching supported for the SAXParser?
If so, do you have any examples?

Thanks in advance
-Umesh

PS: The examples are great, but a users guide would really help
jumpstart development using the new concepts.