Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Chris Christo <_c...@mail.com> on 2014/03/01 18:40:28 UTC

Validation on methods from super class

Noticed a bug maybe?

I have some bean validation annotated parameters of a method in the superclass. And when I call this method on the subclass I get an error.

Error:

Caused by: javax.validation.ValidationException: can't call method validateParameters on org.apache.bval.jsr303.extensions.MethodValidatorImpl@62bb3825

Due to:

Method public java.lang.String my.package.MySuperClass.save(javax.persistence.Object) doesn't belong to class class my.package.SubClass

(Obviously renamed to help you understand).

I found this code which is where there error is being thrown:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/tags/tomee-1.6.0/container/openejb-core/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/bval/BeanValidationAppendixInterceptor.java

Re: Validation on methods from super class

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Actually this interceptor is deactivated with bean val 1.1 and this api
doesnt exist anymore with bval (apache project) 1.1 since it was replaced
with 1.1 standard one.

Can be a pseudo bug in the interceptor, is the method public? Do you use an
interface?

Posted by Chris Christo <_c...@mail.com>.
Anyone have any idea on this? Its rather important, otherwise I have to turn off validation completely from my OpenEJB (When I say turn off here I mean remove the config property of 'org.apache.openejb.default.system.interceptors = org.apache.openejb.bval.BeanValidationAppendixInterceptor’).