Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jonathan Hayward <jh...@teleformix.com> on 2000/10/24 20:27:12 UTC

HTML in exec arguments

I'm doing builds that involve external execs with HTML in the arguments,
and the command lines are looking really, really ugly.  Ergo, if I want
to say

    <head>
        <title>"What does ...

the html argument looks like
"&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;title&gt;&quot;What does ..."  This can be
partially dealt with by adding whitespace, but material with a lot of
metacharacters that have to be quoted XML-style still faces a
comprehensibility obstacle.

Is there any way around this besides putting the HTML in another file
that won't have to be quoted?

    -Jonathan