Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by "Randal L. Schwartz" <me...@stonehenge.com> on 2002/07/12 20:27:28 UTC

couple of patches, now that it's live {grin}

On http://perl.apache.org/start/index.html:

  Imagine the flexibility of rewriting writing URLs

Say whuh?

And for http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/sites.html, you can add:

    www.stonehenge.com provides an online easy-to-navigate archive of the
    150+ magazine articles written by Perl Hacker Randal Schwartz, along
    with an organized collection of the 20,000 pictures he's taken with
    his digital camera all over the world, using mod_perl and Template
    Toolkit's Splash widget library for rapid development and access.

If that sounds too PR-zey, please hack at will.

<me...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

Re: couple of patches, now that it's live {grin}

Posted by "Randal L. Schwartz" <me...@stonehenge.com>.

Stas> p.s. Now can I ask for the belly dancer at this year's Stonehedge
Stas> party? :) you promised last year!

Well, you can always *ask*. :)

We're workin' on it.  Can't tip my hand just yet, and I'm doing this
without Bill, so I have to be a bit more creative.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> On http://perl.apache.org/start/index.html:
>
>   Imagine the flexibility of rewriting writing URLs
>
> Say whuh?

Thanks Randal, will fix that.

> And for http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/sites.html, you can add:
>
>     www.stonehenge.com provides an online easy-to-navigate archive of the
>     150+ magazine articles written by Perl Hacker Randal Schwartz, along
>     with an organized collection of the 20,000 pictures he's taken with
>     his digital camera all over the world, using mod_perl and Template
>     Toolkit's Splash widget library for rapid development and access.
>
> If that sounds too PR-zey, please hack at will.

Those articles are of a great value to perl people. I'm telling that
because I've learned a great deal of Perl (especially the idiomatic
Perl's aspect) from them, when doing my first steps in perl. So I think
you deserve to keep the PR-zey part in ;)

p.s. Now can I ask for the belly dancer at this year's Stonehedge party?
:) you promised last year!

Re: couple of patches, now that it's live {grin}

Posted by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org>.
On 12 Jul 2002, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> On http://perl.apache.org/start/index.html:
>
>   Imagine the flexibility of rewriting writing URLs
>
> Say whuh?

Rewriting writing URLs.  Now that's power!

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org