Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/06 16:19:02 UTC

PLEASE - [KAFKA-1194] Log Retention is always throwing IOException

Hi,

I have sent numerous emails in the past about the same issue, but no
response so far.

I was wondering if we will get a patch. I am working on a synchronisation
PoC which is reliant on Log cleanup to be successful every day. I have got
auto.offset.reset=earliest and the offsets.retention.minutes is set
sufficiently large (2880) to avoid such issues. I do have a
log.cleanup.policy=compact, but what I understand from the documentation
that deletion occurs after "Compact" for older logs anyway.

I have moved my log.dir locations several places and with full access to
the directories, but still same issue as KAFKA-1194. Could someone please
let me know if this has worked for you i.e. the logs were deleted
successfully after certain period?

KR,
MM

Re: PLEASE - [KAFKA-1194] Log Retention is always throwing IOException

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have posted a comment in JIRA area for KAFKA-1194. It would be
appreciated if any user/dev can comment whether this solution is
sustainable.

This is ONLY for windows - so minor checks/modifications using
Os.isWindows() is probably required.

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sir,