Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Andreas Kostyrka <an...@kostyrka.org> on 2008/06/09 16:26:19 UTC

problem with streaming map jobs not getting killed

Hi!

I wonder if streaming.jar is anywhere logging the PID that it forks for the
mapjob?

I'm having a problem with map jobs staying behind, and in the long run killing
the node (via OOM), and now I naturally wonder under which conditions that
can happen.

(yep, 5 map tasks that have been around for over 24 hours, while my nodes have
a maximum of 2 map tasks configured)

Andreas

RE: problem with streaming map jobs not getting killed

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
No the PID is not logged. So is it the framework side java tasks not getting
killed or is it the Streaming children? By the way, the handling of process
groups should be handled better when we have HADOOP-1380.