Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Amn <am...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/05 18:53:05 UTC

jar works on NB but not on debian console

In my Debian 11 machine I am trying to run the jar produced by Netbeans
12.6 using Java 17+ on the terminal, but it does not run correctly. The
program just displays '>' as if waiting for an input. The program runs
find when I run it from Netbeans though!
The command I am using from the prompt is :
'java -jar "[MyDevDir]/NetbeansWorkSpace/beep/dist/beep.jar"
Any ideas?

Re: jar works on NB but not on debian console

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Agreed!

It's adviseable to spend as much time in making precise questions as you
expect people spending in answering them. Otherwise you may get no answer.

This tutorial may also be of help:

https://netbeans.apache.org/kb/docs/java/javase-intro.html

Cheers,
Antonio