Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com> on 2009/01/08 05:54:15 UTC

Details from Stax Load test

Here are some details for a very first performance test on Stax for the ESME server. Daniel tried with 1000 concurrent connections and then the server started having some problems. Take a look at the enclosed stack trace and you will see that towards the end there were problems with the threads. I'm also enclosing a picture of the Stax performance indicators. I don't know the exact dimensions of the test but I'm sure Daniel will provide them soon.

Load tests are critical if we are to succeed in enterprises. They are also critical when customers need sizing information. I assume that they should also be useful for the lift framework.

D.

________________________________

Posted by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com>.
I'm unfamilar with jetty. I'll ping Stax if they have jetty-based environments.  What I'd like to be able to do is offer customers various sizing and hardware configuration options. Ideal would be a some sort of a matrix where users can describe what their requirements are (# of users, use of container features, etc.) and have them know whether to use jetty, tomcat or another application server.

D.

________________________________

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.
Dick,

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Hirsch, Richard
<ri...@siemens.com>wrote:

> @David: is the REST-API functional in the present apache version?.

Yes.

> Could we use this for performance tests? I'

Yes.

> d like to wait for the new scala library before testing but I'd curious to
> know if the REST-API has changed in any way.

No, not yet.

Posted by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com>.
@David: is the REST-API functional in the present apache version?. Could we use this for performance tests? I'd like to wait for the new scala library before testing but I'd curious to know if the REST-API has changed in any way.

D.

________________________________

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Hirsch, Richard <richard.hirsch@siemens.com
> wrote:

> Once Daniel has composed the figures, I will blog about them on
> blog.esme.us.
>
> Anyone got any problems with that?

That a good thing.

--