Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Dylan J Browne <dy...@lanergy.com> on 2001/07/25 14:55:18 UTC

Integers, ints,and serialization?

Hi,

I'm a bit stumped by a problem I have.

I am sending an Integer as one of a number of params to my RPC method.

I am adding the serialization like this:

smr.mapTypes (Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,new QName (serName, deSerName),
null, null, new IntObjectDeserializer);

and the param like this:

Parameter anInt   = new Parameter("integer", Integer.class, integer,
Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);

But when it reaches my server, it thinks it is an int and I get the
following error:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server; msg=Exception while handling
service
request:
samples.devicemonitor.DeviceMonitor.takeTwoParams(java.lang.String,int)
 -- no signature match]

Obviously doing one or more things wrong... Where does my stupidity lie?

Thanks v much in advance for any advice.

D.

Re: Integers, ints,and serialization?

Posted by Gordon Easton <go...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Dylan,
Isn't an Integer one of the object that is
automatically handled by SOAP?  I don't think you need
to do the mapping, from what I've read.

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: Integers, ints,and serialization?

Posted by Gordon Easton <go...@yahoo.com>.