Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org> on 2021/05/31 10:44:18 UTC

Postmortem 12.4

Hi all,

There may be one or two loose ends, but the 12.4 release cycle has now come
to an end.

Before moving on to the next cycle, i.e., 12.5, are there any comments or
thoughts or anything that we need to be aware of or think about for next
time, any new learnings or insights?

Thanks,

Gj

Re: Postmortem 12.4

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Well, I'd like to see some insights from the RMs how they felt this
release. I myself followed the things from more distance than I usually do.

I'd mention that Svatopluk Dedic started to contribute a lot to the
Gradle support, which I cannot be thankful enough, so it is not a one
man band thing any more.

As of the release process, I felt the time between the last RC and the
Vote too long with little activity, like the release train got out of
steam. Probably, because the last steps are the least automatized. That
happened with the releases I was stewarding as well. So more automation
on that part would be welcome.

Re: Postmortem 12.4

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
You can just right-click the module and choose Run to install it into a new
instance of NetBeans, i.e., you don’t need to install it into the current
running instance.

Gj