Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/08/30 04:25:57 UTC

[OffTopic] Pier@Sun :)

Hi all...
	Probably some of you already know this, but here's the news.

I started yesterday at Sun Microsystems, and in the next few months I'll
be working primarily on Tomcat (new version, 4.0) with Craig and the
others.

My work email address is now officially <pi...@eng.sun.com> and
all the others addresses <pi...@apache.org> and <pi...@betaversion.org>
are still valid.

Apart from that, nothing is going to change (I will probably even have
more free time to continue working on the Cocoon project).

	Pier

Re: [OffTopic] Pier@Sun :)

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@eng.sun.com>.
Ross Burton wrote:

> > Probably some of you already know this, but here's the news.
> >
> > I started yesterday at Sun Microsystems, and in the next few months I'll
> > be working primarily on Tomcat (new version, 4.0) with Craig and the
> > others.
>
> Excellent news Pier, well done.  Could you try and reduce it's memory
> footprint? :-)  (it was eating 100MB just after init last night when testing
> Cocoon 2!)

100MB.... What? Craig is saying that he runs it on a 64Mb environment...
What were you loading down there?

> > Apart from that, nothing is going to change (I will probably even have
> > more free time to continue working on the Cocoon project).
>
> Cool - it will be good to have you developing C2 again!

I said PROBABLY! :) :) :)

	Pier

Re: [OffTopic] Pier@Sun :)

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com>.
> Probably some of you already know this, but here's the news.
>
> I started yesterday at Sun Microsystems, and in the next few months I'll
> be working primarily on Tomcat (new version, 4.0) with Craig and the
> others.

Excellent news Pier, well done.  Could you try and reduce it's memory
footprint? :-)  (it was eating 100MB just after init last night when testing
Cocoon 2!)

> Apart from that, nothing is going to change (I will probably even have
> more free time to continue working on the Cocoon project).

Cool - it will be good to have you developing C2 again!

Ross Burton