Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/21 11:07:01 UTC

Re: JSPWiki Feature Request

Hi Dave,

thanks for using JSPWiki! The preferred way to reach out for these things
is through the user's ML (cc'ed), though, as it will reach more people and
it's more likely you'll get an answer sooner.

As for the global variables, you could check WikiVariables [#1] to see if
that fits you. It's not exactly like MediaWiki's Magic Words, but I think
it is close enough to what you want. Regarding using another markup parser,
it should be possible as for [#2], but currently we're only having
JSPWikiMarkupParser out of the box.

HTH,
juan pablo

[#1]: https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WikiVariable
[#2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-570

Re: JSPWiki Feature Request

Posted by John Lusk <jo...@gmail.com>.
While we're on the topic of pluggable markdown processors and wishlists, my
markdown of choice is org-mode.... :)

And, yes, I know it's open source and I'm welcome to scratch my own itch,
but it would be nice if whatever solution somebody else put in place didn't
architect us into a corner (if we ever get around to it).

John.

Re: JSPWiki Feature Request

Posted by Jürgen Weber <ju...@jwi.de>.

Re: JSPWiki Feature Request

Posted by Roland Whitehead <ro...@quru.com>.
We developed a plugin which uses the excellent (but commercial) tool
Prince (https://princexml.com) and is made up of a jar file plus a
little bit of a Perl hack. This enables us to produce the cleanest, most
beautiful documents that we can and lets us run varied templates and our
own custom CSS. The TableOfContents plugin produces a linked TOC,
internal links in the doc still work (jumping to a different page in the
PDF) and external links will open the appropriate helper app. Embedded
images can be optimised for size and quality. PDF X-1a, X-3 and A-3b
profiles are all supported. Our plugin can specify different templates
to embed the wiki content into and will let you convert whole pages or a
tab at a time. Plugin is free even if Prince isn't! If you're
interested, let me know and I'll send it to you.

For the Pandoc fans - we were so impressed by the output from our wiki
into PDFs that I wrote a scripted system that generates PDFs from
markdown pages that are rendered into HTML via templates and Pandoc and
then converted to PDF via Prince. Nothing to do with JSPWiki but way
cooler than producing documents in MS-Word or InDesign!

Nope, I don't have any link other than as a happy customer with
PrinceXML but this guy
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A5kon_Wium_Lie> does.

Roland
--
QURU Ltd, London, UK. https://quru.com

Re: JSPWiki Feature Request

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

yep, we have an issue tracker at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI/

re. /JSPWiki path, yep, it's the default value, you can change it by
setting the jspwiki.baseURL on your jspwiki-custom.properties file. With
2.10.3, this setting will be calculated and there won't be any need of
setting this parameter (you can test it by cloning the master branch and
compiling)

br,
juan pablo

Re: JSPWiki Feature Request

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

please (re)consider subscribing to user@jspwiki.apache.org, for sure you'll
get plenty of different point of views in there..

Regarding the URL, you could instruct JSPWiki to use ShortURLConstructor
instead of the default one to get your preferred page name style. However,
changing it at jspwiki-wiki.apache.org means breaking a lot of external
links which are using the curret style, so IMO that woud be a little harsh
on people who already uses them..

best regards,
juan pablo